THREE APPLES: AN EXHIBITION CELEBRATING 35 YEARS OF HELLO KITTY <3
Today marks the grand opening of Hello Kitty’s Three Apples Exhibit, it is the first and only official Hello Kitty event hosted by Sanrio in North America. I always dreamt of going to one of these events in Asia and now it’s here. In honor of Hello Kitty’s 35th Birthday, Sanrio has collaborated with JapanLA to host this event at Royal/T Cafe in Culver City, CA. Here is a brief summary of the event I extracted from their web page.
- Celebrate Hello Kitty’s 35 anniversary at “Three Apples” and fill your heart with Hello Kitty Colors:
- A Hello Kitty art gallery curated by Jamie Rivadeneira, owner of JapanLA with collaborations of over 80+ contemporary artists and fans.
- A Hello Kitty Apartment featuring wall-to-wall Hello Kitty products.
- A Retrospective gallery of Hello Kitty’s product since 1974 to present. With kitty items along with collaboration with Betsey Johnson, Paul Frank, Tokidoki and MAC. Featuring a more “unique” section with special items, “Only in Japan.”
- For the next three weeks of celebration, fans are invited to Hello Kitty breakfasts and tea parties, fan appreciation day, Halloween party, birthday party, meet the artist party, bats and cats masquerade party and fashion show. All events are free of charge<3
- Don’t forget to visit the pop-up store with Japanese imported goods and pick up a limited edition item from Hello Kitty’s 35th anniversary collection.
For more details you can visit the official Sanrio’s Three Apples Page.
As for me, for the next three weeks, I’ll be occupying myself with many Hello Kitty events to come:] I arrived super early today with about 5-6 people ahead of me. There wasn’t a crowd since today is Friday, most people were probably at work or school. So, I loaded myself with picture every around the corner, hoping that I didn’t miss any spots.
“By attending this event you consent to be photographed and/or filmed and agree to the free use of your image for promotional and publication purposes. Thank you and have fun!”
They also have a Hello Kitty claw machine/UFO catcher:
You also get this Hello Kitty 35th Anniversary 5 Pack Plush at your local Target, $19.99 and Toys R Us $22.99. It was $1 for 2 tries here at “Three Apples:] GOOD LUCK!
Photo by Hello Kitty Airstream. “In celebration of Hello Kitty’s 35th Birthday this custom designed Hello Kitty Airstream Trailer will be offered in an exclusive auction on Ebay!” For more information you can check out their web page.
I manage to take a few shots of the inside before they take off tomorrow. I spoke with the owner and he said the airstream will be sitting in storage before the new owner takes over. I’m so sad to see it go!
And yes of course I visited the pop-up store. I walked out spending more than I had expected:] But, it was totally worth it for the limited edition kitty<3